Video Surveillance, Analytics and Integration
Lexel has a mature capability; delivering IP based Video Surveillance, Video Analytics, and Asset Security Services. This capability is focused on new generation solutions that provide benefits to our customers; the key to these new generation solutions is the automated detection and alerting of events. This enables building, security, marketing and other business functions with the ability to analyse staff and customer behaviours. This means that your security investment is providing business intelligence, not just images. This is achieved through the integration of your Video Surveillance solution with core business applications and systems.
Lexel's ICT experience and expertise allows us to integrate these new generation IP based solutions into your existing systems to extract the maximum benefit from your investment. This integration occurs in the security stack at a higher level than where traditional Security providers operate. Lexel recognise and value the existing relationships that a customer may have with its traditional physical security company, and will work with these companies to assure the best outcome for our customers.
Integration into the customers' existing building systems and business IT applications provides a raft of new benefits to the customer. This is often driven around proactive notification of events and the unification of disparate systems, as opposed to the traditional 'needle in a haystack' review and then manually aligning to the other systems e.g.
- People and Queue Counting / Branch and Manager Performance:
A simple but valuable integration option is people counting. By counting the number of people entering and exiting a store, sale conversion rates can easily be calculated. This can then be compared across stores and across shift managers, providing a measurement for manager and store performance. A more advanced feature is queue counting, this measures how many people are in a queue and the average wait time. This can trigger automatic alerts which would be sent to open additional counters or be used for reporting against customer satisfaction metrics. The solution includes the ability to detect buying groups and distinguish between adults and children.
- Stock Loss Prevention / Moving to Proactive Alert based Packages:
When reviewing traditional Video Surveillance footage it can be difficult to find video footage that correlates with an event i.e. a needle in a hay stack. It needs to be manually aligned to transaction data from the likes of Point of Sale.
New generation solutions allow business rules to be defined, and breach alerts sent proactively to relevant consoles or persons. This can include attachments e.g. static photos for quick analysis, video footage for in depth analysis, and corresponding data such as POS transaction details. These solutions can be more effective when paired with RFID tagging on high value items. High value items which leave the POS counter and are not traded through the POS system can trigger an alert. Likewise, when that non-traded high value good leaves your car park, you can also capture the licence plate, and store that into your database for future automatic reading and alerting. With the alert package including transaction data such as POS, picture and video, and the triggered rule, speedy ease of review is now a reality.
See article: NZ Security Magazine Article 2012 - Loss Prevention
- Number Plate Reading / Automation and Alerting:
This can be used to trigger events on predefined rules e.g. opening a car park gate to authorised personnel, or the enforcement of trespass notices on undesirable persons.
- Store Layout optimisation:
Using people heat source video analytics, managers can observe a consolidated view of what areas of the store are attracting and holding customers. This data can be leveraged for store design to produce stronger sales results.
- Advertising Effectiveness:
Video analytics can enable statistical reporting on in store advertising thereby improving effectiveness. This is achieved by the ability to measure and report upon how long customers view advertising such as digital signage and report or change the advertising based upon their gender and age.
- Access Control Integration:
Connecting staff access control and video surveillance provides single packages or view of each instance. Although this can be leveraged in many ways, it's often used to provide prompt audit and verification, that the person that has the access card is in fact that person.
- Supply of IP Cameras and IP based Video Management Software ('VMS').
- Architect and supply of underlying IT infrastructure i.e. Servers, Storage Area Networks and Data Protection and Retention Solutions.
- Supply of Local and Wide Area Network connectivity.
- Security Consulting (solution designs including camera location, specifications for maximum return on investment).
- Project Management.
- Site installations across NZ and AU.
- Hybrid solutions, including integration into existing analogue CCTV systems.
Value Based Projects:
- Integration into 3rd party Applications such as POS, Asset Management Systems.
- Number Plate Reading and Integration.
- People Counting, Queue Counting, Heat or Traffic Mapping, and Integration.
- Secure Vaulting of Evidential Footage. Video document management solutions.
- Other Video Analytics.
- Integration into Access Control, IP based Access Control, MS AD based Access Control.
- Mobile video recording devices, RF based connections, and automatic synchronisation upon reconnection.
- Other Software integration, and BI Tools.
- Datacentre hosted or cloud solutions
- Proactive monitoring and maintenance of the ICT IP based software and underlying IT systems.
- Proactive monitoring and alerting on the LAN/WAN performance.
- Manual auditing of automated Analytics systems to check continued accuracy and quality.
- Full physical maintenance (cleaning etc.) of video surveillance equipment
Case Studies and News
» Milestone Whitepaper on Security (Adobe PDF, 653Kb)
» Restaurant Brands NZ gets camera friendly (Adobe PDF, 101Kb)
Candida"We engaged Lexel to help us plan and install a surveillance system to meet a clients security requirements. The team from Lexel were very efficient in the set up and great to work with. They were very accommodating to our requirements, knowledgeable and fast to act on any queries that we had. All in all it was a great experience using Lexel for this project which has left us with a great system which fulfils all our needs."
Corey Martin, Operations Manager