Lexel Services capability has been segmented into the following groups within the business:
Technical Services Group
The Technical Services Group delivers and supports solutions. The group is made up of Senior Server engineers, Server and Desktop engineers. The team works closely with the Professional Services Group to deploy and support large complex solutions as well as independently providing off the shelf solutions such as Microsoft SBS and typical solutions such as: MS AD, MS Exchange, MS SQL, MS ISA, Other MS products, Veritas, Symantec, CA, Trend, HP, IBM, Cisco, etc
National Service is available from our own branches or from our service agents throughout NZ and Australia.
SMB Clients. The Technical Services Group also hosts our SMB focused engineering team. Lexel SMB technical offerings are often based around personal relationships as much as technical skill and capability. In this business segment our engineers play a vital role. As such, one of the first steps Lexel does when working with a new small / medium business client is to assign an engineer that will work with the client as a permanent assignment. In addition we normally also assign a secondary engineer for backup support or availability. Such assignments ensure site knowledge and strong relationships are established and maintained over the long term. In addition, Lexel focuses on employing engineers with strong personal and communication skills as we recognise that this is a key attribute.
Lexel Helpdesk provides a first point of call for logging all clients services requests. There is a variety of offerings available from basic “Log and Forward” to Level 1,2,3 support offering This service is fully process and SLA driven.
Lexel are HP and IBM accredited for warranty service and support.
Our workshop offers the ability to service and maintain the client’s equipment to ensure a full end to end support service for the client.
Integration Services Group
Lexel dedicated integration centre provides the ability to integrate the client’s product prior to delivery, and fits tightly in with any client dedicated stockholding. This pre-shipment service speeds and simplifies the client’s implementation of the product and works within agreed SLA’s. Examples include:
- Subassembly of components. Typically this is used for Servers or PC's where HDD’s, memory, CPU’s, options etc are installed prior to client shipment.
- The client's standard OS image or configuration can optionally be loaded onto the equipment prior to client shipment.
- During the above process, Quality Assurance of the products supplied can be undertaken, with most DOA or quality issues being resolved prior to dispatch to the clients site.
- Recording asset information and applying client asset tags to the product
- Custom pre/post shipment services can also be arranged which might include: Installation of custom software or user data, mini project management, pre and post client end user phone calls, remote control or onsite services for final installation setup procedures etc.
Lexel has on many instances taken its core services and structured them into a packaged service. Follows a sample:
- At the desktop, server and network level.
- Ad hoc engagements (Time and Materials)
- Pre-Purchased Hours
- Proactive Maintenance – Servers
- Proactive Maintenance – Firewalls
- Short term placements, either full or part time
(Backfill for staff on leave or alike)
- Long term placements, either full or part time
- SLA response contracts 8x5, 2 or 4 hours response
- System Audits and health checks
- Workshop / Integration services
- Integration services – Customised per client
- Integration services – Component installs, No fizz up
- Workshop repairs – Contracted
- Client spares stocking and despatch
- Warranty work
- Helpdesk Technical Support
- Ad hoc engagement (Time and Materials)
- Contracted for short term coverage
- Contracted permanent service
- Remote support and mgmt
- Nationwide printer servicing management
- Management Services
- Contracted management of your IT services
- Part or full outsource
- Professional Services
- IT Infrastructure: infrastructure design, install, structured escalation
- Documentation and audit services
- Project Management
- Specific MS SBS services